Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Temple Reminds Me . . .

A few weeks ago we had a couple talk in Church who are about to serve a mission in Georgia, USA!  Sister Carr talked about temples and I decided I wanted to post about temples.  Here are my thoughts.

I love the temple.  Brigham City is getting a new temple.  It is gorgeous.  It is interesting to me that a temple is being built here.  Don't get me wrong, I love that it is.  But, we can travel 30 minutes either direction and be in the temple.



But, the temple is being an amazing learning tool for my children.  My little girl said, "I'm going there someday, we will have to pack our swimming suits."  And then after explaining we don't wear swimming suits, but we do wear princess dresses, she is even more determined. Ha, Ha. . . But, seriously, we drive by the Brigham Temple and she says "Mom, there is my temple."

Elder Nelson states:  

As temples are prepared for the people, the people need to prepare themselves for the temple

So, Sister Carr said that we should talk about the temple and about going there someday.  Each time I drive by my center of the Universe the Logan Temple, I tell my kids "There's my temple."  It's a beautiful place with so much eternal punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment