Sunday, December 4, 2011

Avoiding the Potholes . . .

I understand why the Savior taught in parables.  It was for me.  Yep, just for me.  Ha, ha. . . Actually, I do think in parables and learn very good lessons from them.

So, my Dad totally hates when we hit potholes when we are driving with him in the car.  And, honestly, I never think about avoiding them.  I just drive straight through.  But, I've been thinking, we are told to go on the straight and narrow way and so is it best to try avoiding the potholes or to hit them smack on?  What is the best way to keep trudging on the path?  To hurry through?

Well, I think there are a couple lessons to learn.  One is, that when we have troubles (potholes) we stay focused on the path, and continue to do the things we know, strengthening our testimonies and we continue on our way.  Or if we avoid potholes, then we can drive around them, avoiding things that can damage our vehicles.  So, I guess this could be 2 parables - with 2 different endings.

We need to avoid evil.  Yet, we need to understand that trials and hard things happen and we can get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment