Thursday, December 29, 2011

38 goals for 2012

Each year I set a new set of goals.  These aren't new years resolutions, but goals.  My birthday is in January and for my birthday I set goals for the age I will be.  Yep, I will be 38 this year.  And I am excited about this new year.  I have some goals that I have already started and will be successful at achieving.  So, here is my list.

1.  Lose at least 38 lbs.
2.  Work out with trainer, Ang 3x a week.
3.  Run 3 times a week for at least 8 miles, (can do 2 days of 2, and 1 day of 4, 2 days of 3, one day of 2 . . . . )  BTW, if it decides to snow, I will run in my snowshoes.
4., 5., 6.,   I want to run 3-- 13.1 races.  I want to do the one in Poci (November - Just because), I want to do the Halloween one in Provo (October), and possibly one in early summer.
7. Move into my house in 8 months (give or take 3 months on either side). -  8 months would be August.
8., 9., 10. Finish the polka dot quilts.
11.  Make a homemade Christmas. (Bean bags or ottomans for kids)
12.  Go up for Promotion and Tenure  - documents ready in July.
13.  Paint, draw, create - each week for 2 hours.
14.  Help Joel on house for 2-4 hours a week (please don't tell him though).
15.  Keep up on this blog and my 4 bucks a day blog - weekly.
16.  Have a Christmas party at my house in November.  My new house.
17.  Undertake a vigorous study program - church and gospel principles, parenting, art, management, Sterling W. Sills, and read at least 25,000 pages.
18.  Write 100 things I know.
19.  Attend temple 38 times (almost weekly - this will include baptisms with Abe, when he is old enough).
20.  Attend special events, seminars, and cultural activities - shoot for 4 (alone or with others in my family, or my friends).  TOFW, Love and Logic - January, etc.
21.  Read Enos 1-5 - apply to my life.
22.  Learn a system and get paper organized.  (keep up on mail and email).
23.  Paint toenails weekly.
24.  Get a facial, or two, or three. . .
25.  Go to North Carolina.
26.  Take a road trip.
27.  Learn to play racquetball.
28.  Save a ton of money from my paycheck that can be spent on house. (This is kinda personal, so I will keep track on my own.)  Do not buy anything that isn't necessary.
29.  Eat 5 servings of Fruits and Vegetables daily.
30.  Drink 8 glasses of 8 oz of H20.
31.  Do something amazing for our 15 year anniversary.
32.  Avoid gossip.
33.  Apply second mile, and serve others always, Matt 5:38-42.
34.  Learn to use my embroidery feature on my sewing machine.
35.  Become an incredible manager of my time.
36.  Be firm and consistent.
37.  Plant a tiny garden.
38.  Design the interior of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment