Sunday, February 5, 2012

I will go and do the things the Lord commands.

A few weeks ago I was able to go visit my Brother and Sister-in-law in North Carolina.  It was a great adventure.  I have reflected on that visit lots.  I love those guys and their kids.  I wanted to share some observations and things I learned.

1.  Money doesn't buy happiness.
2.  Family unity comes from everyone focusing outside themselves, being unselfish, and working toward the greater good.
3.  Simplicity is great.

Well, I learned a lot more than that too, I just don't know how to write this next part into a list.  My SIL and I talked about how life hasn't exactly happened the way we had planned in our high school days.  I wanted a zillion kids and was going to be a stay at home mom.  I work, I love my job, it's great, but sometimes I worry that I am not as obedient as I should be.  And then my SIL told me about her experience working too.  When she had to work she prayed and prayed and her answer was that Nephi didn't want to slay Laban either, but sometimes things we don't want to do are necessary.  OH!  Yes!  I have had that same sort of message over and over as I have worked.  I know I am learning valuable lessons and yet, hearing my SIL state it this way, reaffirmed that we all experience life differently and sometimes we must do hard things to survive.  It is so true.  My family would not have health insurance if it wasn't for my amazing job.  It is a flexible job, that allows me to have time with my children, to grow and to help others.  I truly am lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment