Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do people try sabotaging you?

So, my first goal is to lose 38 lbs.  It's been a process so far.  I am in week 12 - of hard core 3X training.  It's been good.  I've lost 4 inches, but only 1% body fat.  I am super strong.  I can do things I never could.  My clothes fit better.  I eat tons of fruits and vegetables and have eliminated most garbage.  I am happier.  I love to workout!!!  And that is huge.  I am kind of a germ-a-phob.  The gym is filled with people's sweat and yuck.  And even my own is kind of scary.  So, I'm learning to overcome fears, get healthy and hopefully lose weight (actually I know I will).

My trainer and I decided maybe I should check if it's my thyroid.  So, I made an appointment with my Dr.  just to check if my thyroid is messed up.  I went to the Dr. last night.  And had an eye opening experience. He basically did not listen or want to listen to anything I said.  He commented that some people are destined to be overweight.  And that even if I lost weight I would gain it all back.

SO - I won't be going back to him.

But, I kept thinking.  I know nutrition.  I know what foods I need to eat.  I know that when I eat less than I burn - I will lose weight.  So, what is he talking about?  And the other thing I kept thinking is - that I know the Lord wants me to be happy too.  The last Ensign had an article about that.  I know that faith is believing and then doing all within my power to achieve.  (Bible Dictionary - Faith - Faith is a principle of action and of power).


I didn't really get discouraged by him.  I was shocked and surprised.  But, then again people do weird things.  Maybe he thought I was after surgery or drugs.  Some people do that too.  But, not me.  I hope to never be on medication.  I hope to never have a surgery.  

So, basically instead of listening to others.  We need to know the truth.  There are laws about health.  If I eat healthy and exercise (which I plan to be a very healthy active person), then the law of health says - I will be.  Of course illness, injury and things can complicate it.  But, I can be the healthiest me.

It just reminds me - that not everyone knows what they are talking about and so we need to have those we trust in our corner.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't mean to post my Dr. It was just a Dr. (I had never been to him before).

    ReplyDelete