Tuesday, November 13, 2012

ME, Days 19 - 26

Almost through this challenge.  Whew!  I am trying to talk my hubby into doing a challenge with me.  He says, "I'm not into challenges."  Ha, ha.

1.  Dressing your truth - I am certain, I will change a few things, as I have mentioned;
      a.  Bold colors are fun for me.
      b.  I will bring in my favorite blacks, probably won't wear black slacks, but I have a few sweaters        that I LOVE and a couple skirts and dresses.  And of course shoes and boots.  In fact, I am wearing black boots right now.  :)
      c.  I will wear more jewelry.
      d.  I will wear fun colors of make-up.  I swore back in high school, I would never wear blue.  I have turquoise eye liner on.  So, never say never.  :)
      e.  Dressing the truth is more than just clothing.  It's finding out who you are.  And having the freedom to be that person.  My friend who is doing it, is amazing.  She looks great.  She is really embracing it and it's working well for her.

2.  Eat Clean - doing good for 4 days and then 3 free.  Probably need to only have 1 day or 2.  Or zero. Things I have learned:
      a.  I can go without treats mostly.  Halloween was tough - well the week after halloween was.  I made it, we still have candy, I didn't eat it all that weekend.  But, just having the food around was tough for me.
      b.  I am finding what I need to feed.  It's not hunger.  I have other things that make me want to eat.  What are they?  Am I addicted to certain foods - this I have known forever.  I just don't know what to do about it just yet.  I am reading an amazing book called "The Hunger Fix" and it is really a good one. It's really prepping me to figure out what i need to do.  I'm excited to finish reading.
     c.  When I am emotional, angry mostly, I found I need protein.

3.  Kids and spouse - still love them.  Actually, I have learned one thing about being hungry, we are hungry for attention at our house.  My kids asked the other day if they could have dessert, which they had pie for lunch and I said "no, we don't need dessert twice in one day".  Then I said, I would play a game with them.  They loved it.  It was soooo filling!

4.  Exercise - yesterday I scared myself.  I thought I was pulling or tearing my shoulder.  It made me nervous. Really nervous.  BUT,  I didn't.  I have been pumping some serious weights keeping up with the other gals in our group.  I decided I need to maintain, and gain slowly.  I don't have to keep up.  I have to do what is best for me.

5.  Sleep - last night I didn't sleep well.  But, I have slept better most of the week.  I even wake up super early like 5:30 a.m..  It's nice.  I think it's because I don't eat sugary foods or eat out.  What a difference I am feeling.

6.  Save money - next month I will be back on track.  I've got to be more careful.  Make a budget.

7.   House - we are decorating for Christmas.  Love it.  It's fun.  Today, I even hung the outside lights since it was absolutely beautiful today.

8.  Turn work off - still a work in progress.  No pun intended.  :)

To another 6 days!  As my good friend says, "We've got this."

No comments:

Post a Comment