Saturday, October 15, 2011

My 12 Step Program

12 steps to overcoming weakness.

1.  I admit that my life has become unmanageable.  That I am powerless to overcome my weaknesses on my own.
2.  I believe the power of God can restore me to complete spiritual health.
3.  I made a decision to turn my will and life over to the care of God the Eternal Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
4.  I am searching and fearlessly writing a moral inventory of myself.
5.  I admit to myself,  to my Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ, to proper priesthood (if necessary), and to others the exact nature of my wrongs.
6.  I'm entirely ready to have God remove all my character weaknesses.
7.  I humbly ask Heavenly Father to remove my shortcomings.
8.  I made a list of all persons I have harmed and became willing to make restitution to them all.
9.  I made direct amends to people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10.  I continue to take personal inventory and when I have wronged - promptly admit it.
11.  Seeking through prayer and mediation to improve my conscious contact with Heavenly Father as I understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry that out.
12.  Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of the above Steps, I try to apply these into my daily life.  I have the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life, I will share this message with others and practice these principles in all I do.

My sister shared this booklet with me years ago and suggested that it really can help us with all our weaknesses.  I love the 12 steps or statements.  These are ways I will try to make my weaknesses become strong.

1 comment:

  1. Just a little trivia. As I look at my blog. The title is 12:27, and the title of this post begins with 12. 12 steps! 12 parts. 12 things. And maybe 27 days and it's strong??? Just a fun thought.

    ReplyDelete