Monday, October 31, 2011

Ask the Lord, "what can I learn from my situation?"


Oh Lord, What can I learn from my situation?

-Patience, Love, tenderness, nourturing????

-Management? Maybe I need to learn to be more organize?

-What does the Lord want me to learn? Think about Elder Uchdorf’s talk – Two Principles during these Economic times.  I think that may be it.  

How I admire men, women, and children who know how to work! How the Lord loves the laborer! He said, “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,”1 and “The laborer is worthy of his hire.”2 He also gave a promise: “Thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you.”3 Those who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and lose themselves in the pursuit of worthwhile goals are a blessing to their families, communities, nations, and to the Church.

Work is an antidote for anxiety, an ointment for sorrow, and a doorway to possibility.

President Thomas S. Monson put it this way: “It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we’ll make the effort. … It’s in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled.

The Prophet Joseph taught, “Knowledge does away with darkness, [anxiety], and doubt; for these cannot exist where knowledge is.”10

Education is not so much the filling of a bucket as the lighting of a fire.

I am grateful for President Uchdorf.  I think he is an amazing apostle.  I am grateful for the lessons he teaches to me.  I think he is a tender mercy in my life.  Just like many of the other apostles.

I am going to ask, what can I do with this situation?
Do you mean – that there is something I can do?
Yes – in most situations I am in, there is something I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment