Sunday, October 16, 2011

What brings vitality to your life?

This is a question I have been contemplating since I read, Dan Baker's book.

What brings vitality to my life?  What makes me jump our of bed, anxious for a new day?  What makes me give up everything else?  What makes me passionate?

I live to create!  To make new things, to share my ideas, to formulate those ideas, to go the extra mile.

When I was very little, I remember my mom always telling me to go the extra mile.  That when we do anything we need to do more, give more, be more.  I am grateful for that.

Just this past year, we bought an older car that has a cassette player in it, and my husband had some cassettes I had never heard, so I would listen to them in my drive.  And I learned I absolutely LOVE Sterling W. Sills, he gave a talk about the second mile.  That often what we do is just getting by, but when we go the second mile the task isn't drudgery anymore, it becomes fun.  That is what brings me vitality.

When I use cute table decorations, and candles for dinner.  It becomes more than just getting food into the families mouths.  It becomes a fun pleasant experience.  One I have fun with.

When I wake my children in the morning, if I have breakfast ready for them.  It makes things run smoothly.  It makes me feel better.  (I know that it is true, when my husband says, I set the mood for the house - although, I don't like it.  Too much pressure.  But, when I do little extras, I feel satisfied and pleased.)

I go to Deseret Industries often, and buy up his works.  He was an excellent motivator, writing, and speaker.  So glad, I have a car with a cassette player in it - so I can enjoy his works, until they are recopied into digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment